Law Office of Heidi Deifel P.C.
Experience, wisdom, strong advocacy

Heidi deifel

Your New Mexico Immigration Attorney

Proud advocate for immigrants and crime victims

The Law Office of Heidi Deifel P.C. proudly represents immigrants from across the state of New Mexico. Attorney Heidi Deifel is a seasoned, compassionate attorney devoted to helping immigrants and crime victims. In her nearly 14 years as a lawyer, Heidi has served as an immigration attorney, criminal defense attorney, prosecutor, administrative law judge, and municipal court judge.  

At the Law Office of Heidi Deifel P.C., you'll find the experience and personalized care you need to successfully navigate the complex federal immigration process. Our firm focuses on a wide array of immigration processes:

  • Lawful Permanent Residence (green cards)

  • Naturalization and Acquired Citizenship

  • Registry

  • Waivers

  • Removal of Conditions

  • FOIA inquiries

  • DACA

  • Visas for crime victims like U visas and T visas

  • Special Immigrant Juvenile status (SIJ)

  • VAWA relief

  • Military and Humanitarian Parole in Place

  • Employment Authorization

  • Renewals of status: green cards, TPS, PIP, DACA, etc.

A bilingual Spanish speaker, Attorney Heidi Deifel has the experience and knowledge base to help you through the immigration process, every step of the way. Heidi will fight for you. And she'll handle your case in a timely, efficient manner.     

Call us to set up a consultation, or use the contact form at the bottom of this page to enquire whether our services are right for you.  





2500 Louisiana Blvd. NE, Ste. 430 Albuquerque, NM 87110


(505) 300-4167

We are a nation of immigrants.
— President John F. Kennedy, Jr.

Areas of Practice

lawful permanent residence

Whether you adjust your status while living in the US or whether you need to complete part of the process in your home country, our firm can help you each step of the way. We have the expertise and knowledge to help you gain your "Green Card".  


Wondering what Immigration knows about you already? We can help you submit the right inquiry to the right governmental agency in order to see what benefits you could qualify for in the future.  

employment authorization

Many forms of immigration relief allow applicants to apply for employment authorization during the pendency of their case. Let us steer you in the right direction. 


If you are in the US and need the protection of a juvenile court because you have been abused, abandoned, or neglected by a parent, you may be eligible for Special Immigrant Juvenile (SIJ) status. From there you may qualify for lawful permanent residency. We'd love to help you.   

naturalization and acquired citizenship 

Are you already a Lawful Permanent Resident and want to become a US Citizen? Were you born outside the US to a US Citizen parent? Did your parent become a US Citizen before you turned 18? Let us help you determine if you qualify for naturalization, acquired citizenship, or automatic citizenship.   


Do you have a child in the full-time military? Do you have compelling humanitarian reasons to stay in the US? Petitioning for Parole in Place may be a great option for you to gain status. And it can lead to a permanent status.  


Are you the abused spouse, child, or parent of a US Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident? You may qualify for a green card. We can help you file confidentially.


There is so much changing, almost on a monthly basis, on DACA relief. We stay on top of the changes to help you apply and renew at the right time.    

u visas and t visas

Have you been the victim of a serious crime and you reported it to the police? You may qualify for a U Visa or T Visa and so may some of your immediate family members. These visas can lead to lawful permanent residence and citizenship in the future. Contact us to see how to start the process.


Many immigrants are only eligible for an immigration benefit if they first file a waiver and it's granted. Ask us whether you need a waiver and whether you qualify to file one. 

renewals of status

Already have status in the US and want to renew? We'll help you know when you're eligible to apply.


Did you know?  If you've been in the US continuously since January 1, 1972, you may qualify to adjust your status while still in the US, regardless of how you last came to the US. Ask us about it.   


Contact us.

Use the form below to contact us regarding your immigration matter.  Please be as detailed as possible as to what immigration process you're interested in. You may also email or call us to make an appointment.

Name *
Please do not include confidential or sensitive information in your message. In the event that we are representing a party with opposing interests to your own, we may have a duty to disclose any information you provide to our client.